I noticed more than a month ago that the email application on my iPhone was not working correctly. It seemed to be a setup issue as I had changed my passwords and did not want to deal with it at the time. I have multiple email accounts and out of habit use gmail via the Safari browser on my iPhone. I have always used gmail via the browser as downloading just 50 emails at a time was too limiting. I used get 1000’s of emails and I am not counting spam. So the need to sort and search were extremely important. I was a little concerned that with the built in email not working that I was going to have a problem sending email via an application. I had some spare time tonight and thought that a password update would fix it all. But to no avail. Both emails are accessed via Google, one is a gmail account and the other is a personal domain that has the email hosted by Google. They both use imap.google.com but only the personal domain was working. It had to be a configuration issue as imap.google.com was working for the one account. I checked and double checked, retyped in the passwords and then triple checked and still no luck. I even went to far as to delete the accounts and restart the iPhone. Even with just the one account I could not get it work. The configurations on both the iPhone and on the Google end were identical. Eventually I found a post that said I need to go to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha from my iPhone as my account had been “locked” Sure enough I entered my best guess for the squiggly Captcha and everything is working. Sure would have been nice to know that 2 hours ago.